Sunday, May 07, 2006

Weakend

Oh man, I discovered that eating should be done regularly. Without the correct nutrition such things as waking up at 8:00 at night can happen and being really cranky for five minutes then really dancey for the next five minutes can also happen.

Friday was thesis turn in day for the last of the thesis students so I got in at 8:30, didn't eat lunch, helped everyone print, then went home to start getting ready for the night at 5ish.

I had to go to guitar center but my bank "closed" my account b/c I was overdrawn (yea! no money) but I really paid them in time blah blah 25 minutes on the phone to get some money for music stuff.

Then I had to go to Denver to see my brother's band at his/my old high school. I had to leave at 9 to get back here to DJ and they went on at 8:55. Booo. They're alright but really aren't that good. They try, much I like I do with my music stuff, but somehow they just don't come off as sounding tight.

Drove back here loaded up gear and unloaded at the Sigma Chi house. Started at 11:30 and spun records and got real drunk and all kinds of trashed and didn't stop spinning til 3:30-4am. I ended up with some weird towny guy whose friends ditched him and we had to find him a ride....he told me about how he's a mortgage broker (he means one step above drug dealer) and how his baby's momma is on crack...wow...life is weird.

Before this some dg girls wanted me to play techno at the end of the night which was sweet b/c I've been trying to get all those sorority girls to dance to good music for 4 years now. It was fun and I danced with them for a few songs.

Ended up going for a long sobering up walk by myself in the rain at about 4:30 and ran into a kid in one of the econ classes that was leaving for a field trip at 5am. All those kids know me as the paraprof who knows all about econ, math, stat, and computers, and not as ridiculous musician party/dance kid. I think it scares them...

Anyway, Saturday saw me waking up at 3pm...eating...then sleeping til 8pm. Woke up and started getting ready for my house's senior party - Bear Hunter Ninja - it was fun but I pretty much hadn't eaten for two days and had been drinking heavily the night before so I was a little out of it. The party was fun b/c not too many people showed up. The cops came at 2:30am and I split out the back as to avoid getting a noise complaint in my name (I have a deferred sentence so if I get one in the next 10 month's I pay the full $500 fine). So I went to 7/11 and got some tacitos and went over to 1105 where I basically watch my friends play drinking games while they listen to rather lame ass 70's classic rock.

I kind of just hover around and am basically really fucking bored when I go over there. But they are my friends...so....I don't know. I don't really know anyone that's into my scene at all so its hard to hang out with people and not be bored.

The artsy kids I could hang out with are really fickle and anti-social so I can't hang out with them ever so I'm always in between.

Today I had to setup sound for the Theta's Kickball Tournament. I was supposed to dj for a little bit and a bunch of other people were supposed to perform...but I was the only one to show up so I played records for about 4 hours. Its fun spinning outside and everyone seemed to really like it a lot. So now I have this lazy Sunday afternoon...to do what with? Who knows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home